Associate Software Engineer is responsible for understanding project requirements, engineering diverse web applications, maintaining coding standards, delivering quality code, managing personal sprints. As a key member of the software engineering team, successful candidates should have in-depth knowledge of front-end and/or back-end technologies, coding standards, and agile methodology.
We are looking for an energetic, polished individual with exceptional communication skills and a talent for engineering innovative web applications. Successful candidates will gain expertise in respective front-end or back-end technologies, efficiently delivering quality code, and end-to-end product development.
What you’ll do
- Understand project requirements from Technical Delivery Manager
- Engineer product user stories according to preset coding standards
- Deliver high quality code within scheduled sprints
- Contribute to client review meetings
- Collaborate with team members to integrate code
- Perform Unit Tests
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features
- Build big, robust, scalable, and maintainable Node JS applications
- Debug, identify performance issues, and improve application performance
- Develop, deploy, and maintain multistage, multi-tier web applications
- Prepare and maintain all applications utilizing standard development tools
- Utilize backend data services and contribute to increasing existing data services API
- Coordinate with co-developers, team lead, and keeps the project manager well informed of the status of development effort
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in web development
- Hands-on experience in at least 2 projects.
- Understanding the nature of asynchronous programming and its quirks and workarounds.
- Good understanding of server-side templating languages & server-side CSS pre-processors such as Stylus, Less.
- Proficient in designing and implementing RESTful web services
- Integration of multiple data sources and databases into one system.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket.
- Hands-on experience with continuous deployment tools like Jenkins, Strider, and debugging tools like Chrome/Firefox dev.
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies, such as HTML5, Bootstrap, and CSS3.
- Vue JS knowledge is good to have.
- Knowledge of AWS services is an added advantage.
- A knack for benchmarking and optimization
- Familiarity with code versioning tools such as Git
- Creative and efficient problem solver
- Excellent communication skills.