The key purpose of the Software engineering Professional role is to take ownership of a part of a GCP/HaaS/ Python solutions, including design, implementation, unit, feasibility testing and component testing, and preparation for solution deployment. The Software engineering Professional will work independently with some guidance when needed and can contribute to pairing with other team members
You’ll have the following responsibilities
- Ensuring that HaaS non-functional, functional and operational requirements have been met. Contribute as one of the key HaaS designer which includes guaranteeing that other members of the team are fully aware of changes being made and have been involved in creating and reviewing the solution.
- Contributing to planning and prioritising HaaS tasks/stories within team, with sufficient awareness of the overall development lifecycle, Big data architecture, Big Data Engineering tools and techniques, learning from and improving their own approach.
- Prepare HaaS (Big Data) knowledge base by taking proper knowledge share from BT HaaS Architecture , ASG and R&D Ipswich team, and also participate in cross knowledge share programs.
- Potentially responsible for interacting with HaaS customers to work out requirements capture and/or show and tell part of solution. This includes developing an understanding of an element of the business domain sufficient to be able to interpret requirements, and making sound design and implementation decisions;
- Participate in identifying potential continuous improvements to individual and team practices while being conscious of costs and benefits; and taking ownership of implementing any changes based on improvements identified.
- Perform routine analysis and design tasks of Big data projects.
- Make modifications to existing big data code or develop completely new modules of moderate complexity.
- May also undertake testing of other components.
- Provide updates and estimated during the development cycle.
- Define, build and manage software environment, introducing new tools and new facilities to test hardware and software.
- Design, implement, unit and component test and prepare for deployment.
- Work collaboratively with other teams to solve problems.
- Problem Solving:. Resolving production issues to fix service P1-4 issues. Problems relating to introducing new technology, and resolving major issues in the platform and/or service.
- Software Development Concepts: Understands and experienced with the use of a wide range of programming concepts and is also aware of and has applied a range of algorithms.
- Commercial & Risk Awareness: Able to understand & evaluate both obvious and subtle commercial risks, especially in relation to a programme.
- Experience you would be expected to have
- Cloud: experience with one of the following cloud vendors: AWS, Azure or GCP
- GCP : Experience prefered, but learning essential.
- Big Data: Experience with Big Data methodology and technologies
- Programming : Python or Java worked with Data (ETL)
- DevOps: Understand how to work in a Dev Ops and agile way / Versioning / Automation / Defect Management – Mandatory
- Agile methodology – knowledge of Jira