In this job the Software Development Engineer would be responsible for:
With this position you will become a part of the global Automation Development team, which is responsible for the development of advanced control systems as well as IoT and data-driven solutions for all Alfa Laval core products. Our driving force is to accelerate success for our customers, people and planet. You can only achieve that by having dedicated people with a curious mind. Curiosity is the spark behind great ideas. And great ideas drive progress.
As our new Software development Engineer, you will develop our automation systems in an Agile environment throughout the whole product lifecycle. That includes.
- SW engineering through breakdown of features, task specification & follow up, programming, testing, documentation, source code management, deployment and issue tracking.
- Working in Sprints as a part of a self-organizing team
- Creating global automation standards for Alfa Laval through cross-site collaboration
- Contributing to a vibrant workspace where knowledge sharing, delivering as a team and face-to-face interaction are vital components.
We are looking for an engineer at bachelor or master level, combined with related work experience and following competences and background:
- University degree (e.g. Embedded Systems / Industrial Automation) (MSc, MEng, BSc, BEng);
- Three or more years of work experience in Software Engineering & Standardizations;
- Extensive experience from PLC programming in text based languages (Structured Text, C, C++);
- Experience from B&R control systems (Automation Studio, mapp Technology, Visual Components);
- Knowledge in Software Development Models & Methods (OOP, S88, PackML);
- Knowledge in source code management tools (Git, TFS, Bazaar);
- Experience in Agile Methods and Tools (SCRUM, DevOps);
- Fluent in English (spoken and written)